The travel industry goes through gut wrenching changes on a yearly basis.
Here are our 2014 Travel Predictions:
- Life Adventure Travel Packages providing the opportunity to experience life as a local in far away lands increase in popularity.
- New websites provide travelers the opportunity to connect directly with local tour operators offering escrow type payment security.
- Travelers experience greater freedom to roam because of language translation services on smartphones to communicate with locals in the back country of foreign lands.
- Crowdsourcing travel itineraries & experiences through social sharing becomes the norm.
- Travel Agents develop strategic partnerships with Travel Writers to survive and thrive.
- Royal Caribbean becomes the clear cruise industry leader with their commitment to quality and the arrival of their new ship Quantum of the Seas.
- Airline consolidation continues with small regional carriers being swallowed up.
- Airline fares and passenger fees increase exponentially due to lack of competition.
- Hotel brands provide exciting new high tech services in an effort to differentiate in an over-crowded market.
- Hawaii tourism flat due to record high hotel rates and airfares.
- Mexico tourism grows as the safety perception increases with the crime rate down significantly.
It will be interesting to see what changes and trends occur in the travel industry this year. Stay tuned!